Department of Education of the Embassy of the Lao PDR to Bangkok join with the Junior Idol World Laos 2023 contest committee led by Mr. Bounmy Buakeo, chairman of the Lao contest committee and with the committee to participate in the 2nd Junior Idol World 2023 contest at the CDC Ballroom, Bangkok during January 04-09, 2023.
- Contains: There are 4 female categories: Mini Miss 3-8 yrs, Little Miss 9-12 yrs, Miss Pre-Teen 13-15 yrs and Miss Teen 16-19 There are two categories for boys: Little Mister 4-10 yrs and Mister Teen 11-16 yrs. For Lao youth participated in 4 categories: Miss Teen, Miss Pre-Teen, Little Miss and Mini Miss.
- This contest was broadcasted live through Facebook Live of the Thai contest team so that the audience could join in sending encouragement and giving points to the youth who participated in the contest.
- On January 04-06, 2023, the four Lao youths representing the Lao PDR and their pageant team participated in various activities prepared by the Thai pageant team, such as registering, introducing themselves, attending the official welcome party, going on a study tour to various important places in the Bangkok Metropolitan Area, practicing modeling and practicing dance.
- On January 7, 2023, all 4 Lao youths participated in the semi-final competition with the competition of national costume, outstanding creative costume, special talent show and beautiful dance costume. It can be seen that: Lao youth showed their national dress, showed the way of life of weaving, showing the pattern of weaving, cotton dyeing and cultural dress of Lao people with the support of the dress from: Panthep Clothing Room, Gummu Clothing Room, Pathumma Beverage Company and parents of contest participants.
- On January 8, 2023, all 4 Lao youths participated in the finals or qualifying rounds. The results of the competition show that most of the host countries won many awards. Lao youth won 6 awards from the Junior Idol World 2023 competition, namely:
- Koe Chua Chang participated in Miss Teen Junior Idol World 2023:
Won 2 awards namely: 2nd runner-up award and Excellent creative package.
- Ananya Simpravong participated in Miss Pre-Teen Junior Idol World 2023:
Won 2 awards namely: Rising Star Award and Special Ability.
- Seng Yang participated in Little Miss Junior Idol World 2023:
Won 1 award namely: 4th runner-up.
- Miss Annie Xayaking participated in Mini Miss Junior Idol World 2023:
Won 1 award namely: The Next Star Award.
- On January 09, 2023, the four Lao youths and their pageant team participated in activities with pageant participants and pageant teams on the same day before returning to Laos.
- Participation in the international youth contest of the Lao pageant committee is seen as important, increasing cooperation in the international arena, building good relations with many countries around the world, with more than 14 countries participating and more than 40 In addition, there are many benefits:
- For the Lao youth who participated in this contest, they shared learning, gathered experience, saw their strengths and weaknesses that they need to improve and add skills that are not yet ready to be ready to participate in modeling contests and performances in the country and on the international stage in the future. At the same time, it is also an inspiration to the Lao youth who join in watching, following through various names and being a good example in bringing knowledge, skills and experience that can be used in self-development and spread to the Lao youth in their educational institutions.
- For his modeling and acting circles, which will be the direction to create Lao models, actors both in quantity and quality to the international stage.
- It is also a good thing for Laos because the pageant and the Lao youth who participate spread their culture, customs and promote their tourism.
- Although the young Laos who participated this time were young, they were taken care of by their competition committee and their families who accompanied them closely.
- Our Lao youth, despite their ability, dare to express themselves on the international stage, but should increase their English skills to be able to communicate and perform their duties better.